Thursday, April 17, 2008

New Year's Resolution no. 2: Start composting



Finally! I ordered the compost bin and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. It will allow me to get a start, albeit a late one, on my New Year's Resolution no. 2, which is to start composting all of our kitchen waste. We chose the Envirocycle composter, which sells for about $139. It's a decent size, holding 7 cubic feet of compost. It also stores compost tea on the bottom, which is a high-quality fertilizer for veggies and houseplants.

I can't wait to get composting!

3 comments:

Jan Marie said...

Where can you order or buy these at??? I like the looks of that better than an open pile of compost. I really want to compost but I do not have a discreet place to put it.

DeniseT said...

I bought mine from a company called WillyGoat.com. They have a free shipping special. You can also get them at Greenfeet.com or yardiac.com. They also have them on Amazon, but they cost about $20 more and you have to pay shipping...

Melanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.