Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Windows -o- rama

Our new Energy Star windows started going in yesterday. Granted, it's been slow-going. Our installer's helper didn't show up yesterday (he suspects a Superbowl hangover...), so they guy had to work all by himself. I have no idea how he managed to get the windows in and out alone. But, he did manage to do all of the bedrooms in one day. So those are finished. Today, we were rained out. So hopefully tomorrow, work will resume and all will be said and done by the end of the week.

I'm stoked. Our windows are so bad, that if these new ones make even half the difference I suspect they will, it will be a noticeable improvement. Of course, it's too soon to tell if they'll be better in extreme cold because on Feb. 4 it's 60 degrees and raining. In Ohio. Tell that to all those folks who don't believe in global warming...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

In the forties here and for the rest of the week... lots of snow, too. SO not normal for February in Colorado!

Unknown said...

We got measured for windows a couple of weeks ago (Lowe's) and are waiting for our install, scheduled for a couple of weeks from now. Fingers crossed. I'll try to get before & after shots and post about it. I hope the rest of your install has gone well.

By the way, I've been enjoying your site so much that I nominated you for the "You've Made My Day" award, because it's true -- you do! The "rules" are over on my blog if you want to pass along your own nominations.