Friday, February 1, 2008

Garbage

It's garbage day. And looking out my window I wonder how the hell they do it. My neighbors. Two people in each house, just like us, and yet every week they have a giant pile of garbage on the curb. EVERY week. I maybe put my can out once every two weeks, and then it's not usually full. Certainly not full to the point that the lid won't close, like both of these neighbors. (we have the same size cans, standard city issue.)

I just don't understand how houses with the same number of people as ours can produce so much more garbage. I'm too chicken to poke around the cans and see what's in there~! But boy, part of me wants to.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Hint: I bet they don't recycle! If it weren't for the cats, I wouldn't have a full garbage bag each week, either. There are just the two of us (plus the girls - cats).

Unknown said...

The 3 R's -- reduce, reuse, recycle. Except for debris during construction (and there's not much of that because I tend to reuse as much as possible), we generally fill our small can every two weeks. That's with two of us plus two cats.

What's irritating is when you get some new fixture, and the bulk of it is packaging. At least the big stuff is usually in recyclable cardboard, but the small stuff tends to come in gobs of plastic :-(

DeniseT said...

It's true that they don't recycle. But still. They aren't renovating their houses, they obviously aren't as addicted to Internet shopping as I am because they never or rarely get packages, so I know their garbage isn't full of styrofoam or cardboard... Even without recycling, I couldn't overfill my bin every single week.

Anonymous said...

They probably eat a lot of take out and don't recycle their cartons.