Thursday, January 24, 2008

First trip to Aldi's...

I went to Aldi's the discount grocery store for the first time this week. Boy was it cheap! Of course, the produce section didn't net me much more than a bag o taters, but that's OK. I think what I like most is that you HAVE to bring your own bags. Otherwise, you just have to carry all your stuff out. It was a good kick in the pants to remember to pack mine.

Also, it's almost time to sign up again for our farm co-op (Paige's Produce). Last year, we got way more food every week than we could eat. A lot of it went to waste. I'm seriously thinking of investing in a very small chest freezer. That way I could store more of the co-op veggies and more of the things we grow ourselves in the garden. So much went to waste last year. And now that it's winter, I'd like to have all those tomatoes and ears of corn we couldn't eat in July!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I've been thinking of joining a csa (food coop), but I've been worried about too much food! There are only two of us.

Twilightboy said...

Not to worry, Jennifer - some CSAs (Paige's Produce is one such example) can let one get 1/2 shares, which can be more manageable.

Here is a link to Paige's! :

http://www.localharvest.org/farms/M15746