Friday, March 14, 2008

Babies = Batteries

I never would have guessed that baby stuff required so many batteries-- the mobile, the swing, the toys... It never ends. I didn't want to be a scourge on the earth so I have spent the last couple of weeks shopping for rechargeable batteries. I finally decided on a Rayovac charger that fits multiple battery sizes. This is my first foray into rechargeable batteries, so I can only hope I made a decent choice. Of course, even if it sucks I'll keep using it because I'm too stubborn to throw away batteries every six weeks!

Our quest to do only second-hand baby stuff also failed. It all ended at the "shower" my friends insisted on throwing me. They bought us way too much stuff. And the used crib my MIL gave me? Covered in lead paint, so I had to buy a new one anyway-- all the used baby stores were sold out. Ugh. I did make a valiant effort. And we did get a lot of clothes used and we are borrowing a lot of other equipment from friends, so I guess it wasn't a total loss...

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

You do the best you can with what you can!

At least now you have way too much stuff and won't ahve to buy any of your own!

We are in said...

If you need to buy more batteries, and happen to have a Costco nearby I think the Sanyo Eneloop batteries are just fantastic. Costco sells a kit that contains the charger, 4 AAA, 8AA and two C and D adapters. (The adapters are C and D size shells that use one of the AA batteries.) for about $25.00.

What's cool about them aside from the price and that they're rechargeable is that they have a REALLY good shelf life, so you don't have to charge them as often. Plus - they're ready to go right out of the package - no initial charging.

DeniseT said...

Thanks for the tip!