Friday, March 28, 2008

plastic bags everywhere...

Ugh. They're like a scourge on the earth. I managed to acquire 3 new plastic bags today, despite packing all of my reusable shopping bags. The first, at a restaurant where my for here order magically turned into to go. The second, at Target, even after I said I didn't need a bag. I guess it's just habit to throw stuff in there and hand it to you. And the last, at the grocery, when I ran out of bags. I'm trying. I feel like I'm failing, but...

Also, looks like we'll have enough money to order that composter I have my eyes on. But not this week. I'm going to the hospital next week to have my baby bean, and don't want it to be delivered while I'm away. So maybe the week after that...

4 comments:

Jan Marie said...

I agree. I do not like plastic bags. They are so lightweight that now store clerks use 2 bags instead of 1. And I really do not like seeing them on the side of the road blown into a tree or shrub.

Here's a site that makes items out of plastic grocery bags. I like the pot scrubbers and door mat ideas.

Isn't it clever how they make it into yard so it can be used. I may just have to try my hand at knitting something out of bags. Maybe a knitted bag for groceries, something a little stronger.

Keep up the good work.

Jan Marie said...

oops forgot to add the site.

http://www.myrecycledbags.com/2007/02/17/instructions-for-cutting-plastic-bags-creating-recycled-plastic-yarn/

Jen said...

I thought I had forgot my bags yesterday at the grocery store. When I opened the trunk, there they were, I felt so bad....

Next week, already??

Jennifer said...

I had a plastic bag day yesterday, too... 4 months without, and then we took the old bags out of the car for our trip and forgot to pput them back in.. and were too exhausted to return home.

I figure we will use them up... I've run out of our old plastic bags and I can use these for dog poo disposal.