Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Dreaming of compost...

I must be losing my mind. Last night I actually had a dream about making compost. Okay. Maybe it's a reminder that I haven't done anything about THAT New Year's resolution.

The plastic bags? Yes, I'm making an effort. But the compost is still stuck in bin indecision land. I've ruled out worm composting, at least for now. With a kid on the way I'm not sure I can concentrate on keeping thousands of wigglers alive in addition to a 7.5 lbs pink needy human.

In my dream, I just used a plastic trash can with a lid, threw in some compost accelerator, and turned it with a shovel every week or so. I think this is the way I'm going to go. After all, maybe my brain was trying to tell me something...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That sounds nice and easy! If you have the money, they make trash can sized plastic barrels that you rotate to mix it instead of using a shovel.. they look EASY! I think they are $100 though.

I'm making one out of old pallets... one for the bottom, 3 for the sides, and a short one for the last side.